Nutrition & Hydration Week
This year Nutrition & Hydration Week is running from 16-22 March. This week highlights the importance of good nutrition and hydration and the impact it has on your mind and body.
In order to sustain good health, you need to consume a healthy and balanced diet. Everything you eat will have an impact on your physical and mental health.
Eating well helps to prevent:
- Type 2 diabetes
- Certain cancers
- Weight maintenance
- Heart health complications
No single food or nutrient will provide you with everything your body needs, which is why it is of vital importance to consume a varied diet from each of the food groups.
The Eatwell Guide enables you to see at a glance how much your body needs and from which food group. (click to enlarge)
Good hydration prevents:
- Kidney stones
- Skin conditions
- Urinary tract infections
- General poor health
How much do I need to drink to ensure adequate hydration and how do I achieve this easily?
- Aim to drink between 1.5L- 2L water each day, more if you are exercising, have a labour-intensive job, or are in high temperatures
- Drink a glass of water upon waking
- Drink water before, during and after exercise
- When you feel hungry, have a glass of water first
- Drink a glass of water with each meal
- Add sliced fresh citrus fruit to each glass of water to avoid getting bored
- Keep a bottle of water with you when out and about to ensure you consume water little and often
We have a vast range of Workplace Nutrition Services – click here to find out more, or give us a call on 07778218009 for an informal chat.