Bonfire Night Special – Shredded Chicken Taco Bowls
It’s common knowledge that you need to wrap up warm for Bonfire Night to help combat numb fingers and noses. But this recipe should help warm the bellies of your family and friends and is perfect for being outdoors as the bowls are also edible!
This is a sure fire crowd pleaser that’s to everyone’s taste as spiciness and topping choices can be altered to suit.
For more spicy inspiration, check out our other dishes.
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 200ml passata
- 75g chipotle paste
- 6 chicken breasts
- ½ lime, juiced
- 6 large tortillas
To serve: optional
- Greek yoghurt
- Lime wedges
- Grated mild cheddar
- Diced tomatoes
- Sliced radishes
- Diced jalapenos
- Sliced avocado
- Add the vegetable stock, spices, garlic, passata, chipotle paste and an inch of water to a large pan. Place on the heat and bring to a simmer.
- To the simmering spices, add the chicken breasts.
- Poach the chicken for around 15-20 minutes until cooked through.
- While the chicken is poaching, preheat the oven to 190C/170C fan make the taco bowls. Brush each tortilla with a little olive oil before tucking into a small oven proof dish, and hold in place using foil. Cook the tortilla for 8-10 minutes, or until crisp. It may be easier to do these in batches.
- Shred the chicken using two forks before assembling your taco bowls.
- Put a thin layer of lettuce in the bottom to avoid the taco going soggy, before layering with chicken, yoghurt, cheese, tomatoes, avocado and any other topping that takes your fancy.