Delicious Shrove Tuesday Pancakes
These banana, oat and date pancakes will be a hit with the whole family. The dates make a gorgeous caramel sauce without all of the refined sugar. Make a large batch for the whole family to enjoy. Feel free to add or swap toppings to your taste.
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 40g oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 100ml unsweetened almond milk
- 2 dried dates
- small handful chopped walnuts
- Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl, ladle into a pan and lightly fry in a little oil, flipping until cooked.
- Soften the dates in boiling water for approximately 5 minutes. Drain and mash into a puree, add a splash of unsweetened almond milk to make it creamy.
- Stack your pancakes with the date caramel and chopped walnuts.
Have you seen our other pancake recipes? Click here to view!