Father’s Day Recipe Special
Feel Good Burger
Father’s Day is the perfect opportunity for some real comfort food with a healthy twist. Satisfying meals needn’t be heavy and over indulgent!
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 200g Portobello mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 300g lean beef mince (under 5% fat)
- 1 egg ½
- large handful fresh parsley, chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 whole meal pitta breads
- 1 little gem lettuce
- Add the onion, mushrooms and garlic to a shallow frying pan over medium heat for 5 minutes until softened. Once thoroughly softened, put into heat proof bowl and leave to cool for approximately 5 minutes
- Once sufficiently cooled, add the beef mince, egg, chopped parsley and plenty of black pepper. Mix well and form into 2 balls before flattening to around 2cm
- Wipe out pan and add burgers over a medium-low heat for 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until browned and cooked through
- Serve in a whole meal pitta bread and a couple of lettuce leaves along with either avocado salsa or carrot and cucumber dip and a dollop of our coleslaw – find the direct links below!