Mental health awareness is the health and wellbeing big-ticket item on the agenda this year. Because of this, holistically addressing wellbeing will help to make lasting and sustainable mental health improvements.
Our data collection clearly shows that food affects mood and impacts on mental health. Mood improves by almost 20% when consuming improved nutrition in the workplace.
Work with us to reinforce your mental health awareness sessions and mental health first aid sessions by:
- Improve your catering provision
- Increase cognitive performance workshops
- Enhance mood workshops
The Healthy Employee supports and encourages workplaces and their caterers to adopt a ‘whole workplace’ approach to workplace nutrition. Therefore caterers are encouraged to provide a healthy eating environment and healthy food choices on their menus.
As more and more people are eating outside the home, caterers have an increasing influence on what people eat. Therefore, they play a key role in shaping the nations future health.
For employers promoting healthy eating means:
- Ensuring that all employees have access to a balanced range of food and drinks.
- Guaranteeing healthy food choices are available to staff at all times. For example, in workplace restaurants, vending machines and during staff meetings and training sessions.
- Raising awareness of how diet contributes to staff health and wellbeing and impacts mental health.