National Work Life Balance Week 7-11 October
Having a healthy work life balance is vital for your physical and mental wellbeing. Many of us can find this a challenge, with 23% of us currently unhappy with the balance we are living with.
Having a balance is key in life, be that working too many hours, skipping meals, not staying hydrated, not getting enough sleep or not moving enough. We often put ourselves at the bottom of our list of priorities, especially when we feel overwhelmed and stressed (the time when prioritising yourself is most important!).
Tips for getting that balance just right:
- Do your best to leave work on time
- Always have a lunch break away from your desk
- Find a form of exercise you like and make it a weekly (or more!) occurrence
- Be strict with yourself when it comes to disconnecting from work when at home
- Take a walk to break up the day and get your body moving
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water each day
- Ensure you have 3 healthy meals each day
- Eat plenty of fruit and veg
- Spend quality time with friends and family
- Openly communicate with your partner
- Try to have 8 hours of sleep each night
- Have some fun!
As you know, life is all about compromise, but this shouldn’t be at the cost of your health. Getting the balance right will enable things to slot into place much more easily – be it your personal or professional life.