Recipe of the week – Chickpea & Chorizo Salad
Quick, easy and full of flavour. This salad is perfect for lunch or for a light main meal and ideal as an accompaniment to your BBQ.
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 600g tinned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 250g chorizo, skinned and diced
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- 1 large red pepper, finely sliced
- 1 large green pepper, finely sliced
- ½ cucumber, deseeded and diced
- 3 tbsp each freshly chopped mint, flat-leafed parsley and coriander
- Mix together the vinegar, oil, garlic, lemon zest and juice in a large bowl.
- Add the chickpeas, chorizo, onion, peppers and cucumber.
- Season, toss everything together, then add the herbs.
- Toss lightly again and serve.
Salads don’t have to be boring and bland. We have plenty of delicious salads for you to choose from as the weather warms up. Click here to make your next choice!