Recipe Of The Week – Bean and Spicy Rice Stuffed Peppers
Stuffed peppers are brilliant for so many occasions as they are nice and comforting in cold weather but also delicious eaten cold in the summer sun – choose your time and place and enjoy!
- 2 yellow peppers
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- Brown rice 250g
- ½ courgette, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 200g tinned mixed beans e.g pinto, kidney
- 50g mushrooms, finely chopped
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes
- ½ tsp paprika
- Salad leaves, to serve
- Cook the brown rice according to the instructions.
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan oven before bringing a large pan of water to the boil. Take out the core of both peppers and place in boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain on kitchen roll before placing on a baking sheet.
- Add the courgette, garlic, mushrooms and beans to a frying pan over a medium heat and fry until softened. Add in the spring onions, paprika and chilli flakes before stirring gently for another minute to combine.
- Drain the rice once cooked and combine with the vegetable mixture before adding to the peppers, push the filling in quite firmly.
- Place the stuffed peppers in the oven and bake for approximately 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve with a large side salad.