Recipe Of The Week – Bonfire Night Special
You can’t go wrong with a recipe that allows you to chuck everything into one pot and let it simmer away on it’s own. Enjoy with friends and family as this one is delicious and should be shared!
- Add the olive oil and sausages to a large heavy-based pan and put over a medium-high heat. Cook for 10 minutes until sausages have begun to turn golden
- Remove sausages from the dish and add in the onion, peppers, celery and garlic. Stir for 2-3 minutes until they have begun to soften
- Add the paprika, oregano and chilli (if using) to the pot along with the browned sausages. Add in the chopped tomatoes, stock and pearl barley and bring to the boil
- Once boiling, reduce down to a simmer and place the lid on your pot but leave partially uncovered. Simmer for approximately 40 minutes, or until the barley and sausages have cooked through
- Once ready, serve immediately with a sprinkling of fresh parsley