Recipe of The Week – Chicken Caesar Salad
The anchovies give this light lunch or main meal a zing whilst the pine nuts give it bite. Suitable for the entire family to enjoy.
For the salad:
- 3 skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cut into bite-sized chunks
- 3 romaine lettuces, torn up
- 8 anchovy fillets, drained and roughly chopped
- 200g vine tomatoes, halved
For the dressing:
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 15g parmesan, finely grated
- 15g pine nuts, toasted
- Pound the dressing ingredients together using a mortar and pestle.
- Stir in 3 tbsp water and season.
- Put the chicken, lettuce, anchovies and tomatoes into a large bowl.
- Finish by tossing through the dressing.