Recipe Of The Week – Chicken Noodle Soup
An ideal dish for lunch or as a main meal. Delicious and healthy as ‘comfort food’ and easy to take to work for lunch. Our chicken noodle soup will be a hit with the kids, plus it’s filling and wholesome.
- 2 tsp miso paste
- 2cm piece fresh root ginger, cut into slivers
- 1 red chilli, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 2 skinless chicken thighs, bone-in
- 125g medium egg noodles
- 1 large carrot, cut into batons
- 2 heads pak choi, thickly shredded
- ½ red pepper, sliced
- 125g button mushrooms, sliced
- Small handful coriander, roughly chopped
- Sweet chilli sauce
- Put the miso paste into a pan with the ginger, chilli and garlic.
- Add 2 pints boiling water and bring back to the boil.
- Add the chicken thighs, turn the heat down to a simmer and poach gently for 15 minutes.
- When the chicken is cooked, remove from the broth.
- Add the noodles and vegetables and cook for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pull the chicken off the bone and tear into shreds.
- Add to the pan and heat through.
- Divide between two bowls, sprinkle with coriander and serve with a drizzle of sweet chilli sauce.