Recipe of the week – Chickpea Stew
This dish is perfect for feeding a hungry crowd, filling and satisfying, not to mention delicious, it’s sure to be a hit! Or perhaps it’s just you? Easy. This recipe will keep in the freezer for whenever is convenient for you. Simply decant into single portions and freeze on the same day as making.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ¼ onion, diced
- ½ garlic clove, crushed
- ¼ tsp each ground coriander, cumin and turmeric
- Pinch grated ginger
- ¼ red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 100g tinned, chopped tomatoes
- 200g tinned chickpeas, rinsed
- ½ sweet potato, cubed
- Fresh coriander, chopped (to garnish)
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and fry the onion, garlic and spices.
- When the onion is soft, add the ginger, chilli, tomatoes, chickpeas and sweet potato.
- Simmer for 25-30 minutes or until the sweet potato is cooked.
- Garnish with the coriander and serve immediately.