Recipe Of The Week – Courgette & Cinnamon Apple Oats
Our courgette & cinnamon apple oats are perfect for a cold and wintry morning. But you may think there is something amiss here. Courgette? In porridge? Have we gone mad?
But it is absolutely a fantastic option if you are looking for a slightly lighter breakfast. The courgette will add volume to your meal, helping you to feel fuller for longer – and we promise you can’t even taste it!
- 40g jumbo porridge oats
- 200g unsweetened almond milk
- 2 pinches of cinnamon
- 150g grated courgette
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 apple, cut into 1cm pieces
- 3 walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp honey
- Step 1 – Add the oats, almond mil, cinnamon, grated courgette and vanilla extract to a saucepan and place over a medium-high heat
- Step 2 – Once your oats come to the boil, turn the heat down and leave to simmer for 4-5 minutes
- Step 3 – Meanwhile, add the chopped apple and other pinch of cinnamon to a microwave safe dish and pop in the microwave for 3 minutes
- Step 4 – Once your oats have thickened nicely, serve immediately and top with your quick-cooked apple, walnuts and honey