Recipe of The Week – Father’s Day BBQ Special
The quickest way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, so this Father’s day why not cook something delicious that both he and the whole family will love!
With Father’s day being in June, it would seem like a wasted opportunity to not have a BBQ recipe – so we hope he enjoys this special Father’s Day edition recipe of the week!
Paprika Chicken Kebabs, Roasted Sweet Potatoes & Spinach
For the sweet potatoes:
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
For the kebabs:
- 4 chicken breasts
- 80g plain Greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1 red onion
- 2 bell peppers
- 6-8 skewers
- 8 large handfuls spinach
- Rub each sweet potato with a thin layer of olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper before wrapping in a double layer of foil.
- Put the BBQ on a high heat before placing the sweet potatoes on top, leave to cook for approximately 15 minutes before turning and cooking for another 15 minutes.
- Unwrap the potatoes to check that they are cooked, if they aren’t rewrap them and check every 10 minutes. Alternatively, cook in the oven at 200C for approximately 1 hour.
- For the kebabs, combine at yoghurt, smoked paprika, cumin and cinnamon to make a marinade. Dice the chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces and stir through the marinade before setting aside.
- Chop the bell peppers and onion into large chunks. Alternate the peppers, onion and chicken onto the skewers.
- Place the skewers onto the BBQ and cook for approximately 10-12 minutes, occasionally turning. Ensure that the chicken is cooked through before serving.
- Once cooked, serve the sweet potatoes with the chicken skewers and 2 handfuls or spinach leaves.