Recipe Of The Week – Feel Good Burger
A satisfying and delicious burger that will keep the whole family happy! To make this even healthier, you can swap the beef for turkey or chicken mince. You can also make this an even more filling meal by adding a side of sweet potato wedges.
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 200g Portobello mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 300g lean beef mince (under 5% fat)
- 1 egg
- Large handful fresh parsley, chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 whole meal pitta breads
- 1 little gem lettuce
- 2 beef tomatoes, sliced
- ½ red onion, sliced
- Add the onion, mushrooms and garlic to a shallow frying pan over medium heat for 5 minutes until softened. Once thoroughly softened, put into heat proof bowl and leave to cool for approximately 5 minutes.
- Once sufficiently cooled, add the beef mince, egg, chopped parsley and plenty of black pepper. Mix well and form into 2 balls before flattening to around 2cm.
- Wipe out pan and add burgers over a medium-low heat for 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until browned and cooked through.
- Serve in a whole meal pitta bread with lettuce, tomatoes and red onion, along with a side such as couscous or sweet potato wedges.