Recipe Of The Week – Fish Tacos
Jul 03, 2018
- Put the fish into a baking tray and squeeze over the juice of half a lime. Add the garlic, cumin, chilli powder and 1 tbsp of oil. Give a quick seasoning of freshly ground black pepper before turn the fish in the baking tray to ensure it is entirely coated in the marinade. Leave to marinate for at least 15 minutes – longer if possible!
- Whilst your fish is marinating, combine the cabbage and coriander in a large bowl and squeeze over the other half of the lime befiore adding the remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper and toss to combine.
- Next, warm through the tortillas by heating a frying pan over a medium-high heat. Ensure you do one tortilla at a time, turning to warm both sides. Each tortilla should take approximately 5 minutes. Cover the warm tortillas with foil or a clean tea towel so keep warm.
- In a heavy based grill pan, brush lightly with oil and place over a medium-high heat. Take the fish from the marinade and pop onto the grill. Leaving to cook until the underside of the fish has grill marks and becomes white and opaque – this will take approximately 3 minutes. Turn the fish over to cook the other side – a further 3 minutes.
- Place the cooked fish on top of a warmed tortilla and top with the homemade coleslaw and any of the optional toppings from the ingredients list.
- Cut the remaining lime into wedges and serve with the tacos.
- Dig in and enjoy!