Recipe of the week – Grilled Steak with Tarragon Dressing
Grilled steak with tarragon dressing is a fast, easy and enjoyable dish. Just perfect for a mid-week evening meal or for the weekend as an easy supper, you could also cook this dish on the BBQ. We have mentioned sirloin but you can choose any cut of steak to use in this dish.
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for the steaks
- 2 small round shallots, finely chopped
- Large handful tarragon, chopped
- 4 sirloin steaks
- 4 handfuls rocket
- 2 handfuls cherry tomatoes, halved
- grated parmesan to serve (optional)
- Mix the mustard with the vinegar, season, then stir in the oil.
- Add the shallots and half the tarragon.
- Season the steaks and rub them with oil. Barbecue/grill using a high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side, until seared on the outside and rare in the middle.
- Leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Scatter the rocket and cherry tomatoes over a large serving plate.
- Slice the rested steak into thick, juicy strips and scatter over the top.
- Pour over the dressing and scatter over the remaining tarragon.
- Serve immediately with a salad.