Recipe Of The Week – Homemade Beans on Toast
Jan 29, 2019
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 clove garlic, sliced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 x 400g tin pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- freshly ground black pepper, for seasoning
- 1 slice wholemeal bread or 1 wholemeal pitta, toasted
- Add the olive oil to a frying pan along with the onions and garlic, fry over a medium heat until softened.
- Add the tomato, beans and a small splash of water to the pan and cook for 10 minutes until almost dry.
- Finally, add 1/2 tsp smoked paprika, a quick drizzle of olive oil and freshly ground black pepper.
- Pour the beans on top of the toasted pitta/slice of wholemeal bread and serve immediately.