Recipe Of The Week – Kale Crisps
These crisps really hit the spot if you have a craving – the crunchiness will help to quash this! They can be adjusted to suit your pallet with a wide range of herbs and spices.
- Remove the stems from the kale leaves before washing and drying (ensure you dry them thoroughly) and tear into large pieces
- Preheat the oven to 150C and line 2 baking trays with parchment paper
- Add the kale to a large bowl with olive oil, toss together so the leaves are fully coated
- Sprinkle in any further spices you wish to add and toss to combine and coat evenly
- Spread the kale leaves equally in a single layer onto the baking sheets
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes, or until crispy
- When baked, remove from the oven and leave to crisp up for several minutes – this makes all the difference!
- If any are leftover, store in an air tight container as they can become stale quickly