Recipe Of The Week – Marinated Tofu
Marinated tofu is brilliant at taking on the flavours of the marinade. Tofu itself is fairly tasteless but once it has soaked up these ingredients it is transformed. This is a great dish for lunch as it is so fast and easy, perfect for a main meal in the evening and one the whole family can enjoy.
- Zest (finely grated) and juice of 1 lime
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 75g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 150g silken tofu (2.5cm cubes)
- 4 walnuts, chopped
- Large green salad, to serve
- Step 1
In a large bowl, mix together the lime zest and juice, spring onion, chilli, cherry tomatoes and olive oil, and season.
- Step 2
Add the cubes of tofu and carefully toss in the marinade – if you are too rough, the tofu will crumble.
- Step 3
Sprinkle over the chopped walnuts before seasoning.
- Step 4
Serve with a large green salad.