Recipe Of The Week – Mediterranean Vegetables With Lamb And Couscous
Dec 11, 2018
Packed with veg and warming flavours, this one-pot wonder with be a sure fire winner for the whole family.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 250g lean lamb fillet, trimmed of any fat and thinly sliced
- 140g shallots, halved
- 2 large courgettes, cut into chunks
- 1/2 tsp each ground cumin, paprika and ground coriander
- 1 red pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 orange pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 green pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 150ml vegetable stock
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- handful coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 320g couscous
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan. Cook the lamb and shallots over a high heat for 2-3 mins until golden. Add the courgettes and st7ir-fry for 3-4 mins until beginning to soften.
- Add the spices and toss well, then add the peppers and garlic. Reduce the heat and cook over a moderate heat for 4-5 mins until they start to soften.
- Pour in the stock and stir to coat. Add the tomatoes, season, then cover with a lid and simmer for 15 mins, stirring occasionally until the veg are tender.
- Pour the couscous into a bowl, adding any herbs and spices you fancy. Add 400ml of boiling water, cover and leave to soak for 5 minutes.
- Stir the coriander through the veg and serve with the couscous.