Recipe Of The Week – Paprika Spiced Prawns With Cauliflower Couscous
This dish takes less than half an hour to create, giving the entire family a delicious and wholesome main meal.
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 95g dried apricots (or 3 fresh), roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 20 medium prawns, peeled and deveined
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 5g fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- Thinly slice the head of the cauliflower and place it in a food processor. Roughly chop the thick stems and add them to the food processor.
- Pulse the cauliflower until it is finely chopped and resembles couscous.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over a medium heat. Add the pulsed cauliflower, apricots, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and cover, stirring occasionally until the cauliflower is beginning to soften, this will take 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a large bowl and combine with the lemon juice and 1 tablespoon oil.
- Wipe out the skillet and heat the remaining tablespoon oil over medium heat. Season the prawns with paprika. Working in batches, cook the prawns until opaque throughout, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Add the cucumber and mint to the cauliflower and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately with the prawns.