Recipe Of The Week – Quick Salmon Mousse
This mousse makes for an excellent dip when wanting to quickly conjure up a tasty and healthy snack. Perhaps you’re entertaining a large number of people? This is an excellent choice of dip to place in the centre of the table, it’s a little more exciting that your average sour cream dip, not to mention a lot more conscious of your waistline!
- 225g skinless salmon fillet, roughly chopped
- 2 small fennel bulbs, thinly sliced
- 2 small avocados, halved, stoned and sliced
- 1 courgette, pared into strips with a potato peeler
- 6-8 tbsp vinaigrette dressing
- 250g ricotta, goat’s or other soft cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 100g bag mixed salad leaves
- 4 slices smoked salmon
- Step 1
Put the salmon fillet in a bowl and pour over enough boiling water to cover it. Cover with clingfilm and leave to cool.
- Step 2
Put the fennel, avocados and courgette into a shallow dish and spoon over the vinaigrette dressing.
- Step 3
Drain the salmon and mash into the ricotta (or other cheese) with half the chives and the lemon juice. Season well.
- Step 4
Divide the fennel mixture and salad leaves among 4 plates. Place a slice of smoked salmon on each plate and envelope it around a spoonful of the salmon mousse.
- Step 5
Sprinkle with the remaining chives and serve immediately.