Recipe Of The Week – Quinoa and Chimichurri Steak Salad
This quinoa and steak salad is perfect for the summer months in the evening sunshine with friends and family. Increase or decrease quantities depending on how many you are feeding.
Toasted the quinoa at the beginning gives it a nutty taste with a slight crunch, if this doesn’t float your boat then simply skip this step and immediately add the chicken stock.
- Toast the quinoa in a large deep frying pan (that has a lid) over a medium heat for 3 mins. Add the stock and bring to the boil. Turn down the heat, reduce, cover and simmer for 12-15 mins until the quinoa is tender and has absorbed the stock. Empty into a serving bowl and put to one side.
- Preheat the oven to 200C (180C fan). Brush the tortillas with a little oil and slice into 2cm wide strips. Arrange on a baking sheet and bake for 5-7 mins until golden. Set aside to cool.
- Rub cumin into the steaks. Heat 1tbsp of oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Cook the steaks for 2-3 mins on each side for medium meat or a longer/shorter amount of time depending how you like your steak. Set the steaks to one side to rest.
- In a food processor, whiz the remaining oil, garlic, herbs, chilli flakes, lemon juice, agave and 2tbsp water until smooth. Reserve 4tbsp dressing and stir remaining through the quinoa. Toss through the tomatoes and raisins.
- Slice steak and arrange with the quinoa salad, then drizzle with the remaining dressing and serve with the toasted tortilla strips.