Recipe of the week – Roast Pollock with Lentils
Lentils are a rarely used ingredient among average british households. However, they contain an excellent source of protein and will therefore help you to stay fuller for longer. Protein is also hugely important for our bodies to be able to repair themselves, and therefore enabling us to feel at our best. This source of protein combined with your lean fish and vegetables will give your body an excellent source of fuel, leaving you feeling fantastic and full of life.
- 45g puy lentils
- 125ml vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper
- 6 asparagus
- Olive oil
- 2 handfuls spinach
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 pollock fillet
- ½ tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- Simmer the lentils in the vegetable stock for 30 minutes, until softened.
- Add the asparagus to the lentils when there is 5 minutes of cooking time remaining.
- Add the spinach right at the end before draining any excess water. Season with salt and pepper.
- Season the pollock fillet, then griddle on a pan sprayed with olive oil.
- Place the lentil mixture onto your plate, before topping with the cooked pollock.
- Sprinkle the chives over the fish and serve immediately.