Recipe of the week – Rye Bread with Avocado, Soft Boiled Eggs & Pine Nuts
This versatile recipe that can be adjusted to suit the time of day and levels of hunger, which makes it a great choice any time. Double the eggs and bread amounts for an evening meal.
- 2 slices rye bread
- 2 eggs
- 1 avocado
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pine nuts, to garnish
- Gently put the eggs into a pan of simmering water. Once cooked, remove with a slotted spoon and put into a bowl of cold water to cool.
- Halve the avocado and remove the stone. Scoop out the contents and cut into slices.
- Gently remove the shells from the eggs once cooled and cut in half.
- Place the soft boiled eggs and avocado onto the rye bread and serve immediately with a twist of freshly ground black pepper and a sprinkling of pine nuts.