Recipe Of The Week – Saucy Pork Tenderloin
If you are intending to lose weight, be aware that the rice in this recipe will slow down this process, hence this recipe being directed more for those who are aiming to maintain their current weight. This recipe is excellent when serving a full table of people, it’s amazing how simple it is and adding more of each ingredient does nothing to complicate or lengthen your cooking time.
- 125g brown rice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 pepper, sliced
- 2 x 100g pork tenderloin
- 2 tbsp sultanas
- 125ml orange juice
- 125ml hot chicken stock
- 200g broccoli
- 50g baby leaf spinach
- 50g rocket
- Put the rice into a small pan with 250ml boiling water. Cover, bring to the boil, then turn down the heat to the lowest setting and cook according to the timings on the pack.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a pan and add the onion and pepper. Add 1 tbsp water and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the pork and fry for 3-4 minutes until golden.
- Add the sultanas, orange juice and stock. Bring to the boil, then simmer, part-covered, for 10 minutes until the pork is cooked.
- Steam the broccoli until just tender.
- Slice each pork tenderloin into 3 or 4 pieces.
- Stir the spinach and rocket into the rice and divide between 2 plates.
- Top with the pork and drizzle with sauce.