Recipe Of The Week – Smoked Salmon, Asparagus, Spinach and Sundried Tomato Omelette
This omelette is packed full of protein and healthy omega 3 fats. A fantastically versatile recipe that’s a great option for a weekend brunch, weekday lunch or a light evening meal that can be whisked up within 10 minutes.
- 3 eggs
- 3 thick asparagus spears, sliced length ways
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 175g smoked salmon, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 30g spinach
- 4 sundried tomatoes
- Preheat a griddle pan over a medium heat and add ½ tbsp olive oil. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until the asparagus is chargrilled and softened. Add in the spinach and sundried tomatoes and heat for a further minutes or so until the leaves have wilted and the tomatoes have warmed through
- Whisk together the eggs with the freshly ground black pepper
- Add the remaining ½ tbsp. olive oil to a frying pan and put over a low heat. Add in the egg mixture, pushing it into the centre of the pan using a spatula until it has cooked through and no runny egg mixture remains
- Once cooked, remove from the heat. Scatter over the smoked salmon, asparagus, sundried tomatoes and spinach before folding over and serving.