Recipe Of The Week – Springtime Risotto
Risotto is brilliant becuase it is so versatile – simply chuck in whatever veg you have lying around and need to use up!
- Over a medium heat add the olive oil and garlic to a deep frying pan or saucepan followed by the diced courgettes, aubergine, pepper and onion. Stir regularly until everything has softened a little.
- Add the sliced bacon and stir through for a few minutes, followed by the diced mushrooms and stock cubes/stock pots. Stir through for a couple of minutes until the mushrooms and stock is fully combined.
- Pour the rice into the vegetable and bacon mixture and stir to coat the rice grains. Add the hot water into the risotto 200ml at a time, adding the next batch once the previous has been fully absorbed. The rice should be cooked within 20-25 minutes – remember to stir regularly to avoid it sticking to the pan.
- Add the spring onions and spinach and stir to combine – add another splash of water if necessary.
- Serve immediately with a sprinkling of pine nuts.