Recipe Of The Week – Steak Roulade with Spinach & Feta
This may look tricky and time consuming, but it is actually anything but! Simply layer each of the ingredients onto the steaks, roll, and leave to cook whilst you go about your day hassle free!
If you don’t own a slow cooker, there are a number of guidelines you can work with to ensure this dish comes out just as well from the oven:
- Use about a third more stock than this recipe states.
- For step 3, preheat the oven to 163 degrees celcius. Cover the dish with a lid, put in the oven and leave to cook for 2 hours, until the meat is cooked through.
- 4 chuck steaks, approx. 675g in total, pounded to a 1cm thickness
- ½ onion, diced
- 115g feta cheese, crumbled
- 30g stoned Kalamata olives, chopped
- 4 small handfuls baby spinach leaves
- 50ml beef stock
- freshly ground black pepper
- Season the steaks on both sides with freshly ground black pepper. Divide the onion, feta, olives and spinach into quarters and split between each piece of steak by adding them to the top of each piece. Roll up each piece of steak into a pinwheel (starting from the short end) and secure with cocktail sticks.
- Place the roulades in the slow cooker along with the stock, and cover. Cook on HIGH for 3 hours or on LOW for 6 hours, until the meat is tender and cooked through.
- Serve with a large green salad or some roasted vegetables.