Recipe of the week – Sweet Potato with Goats Cheese & Sun-dried Tomato
This is a fantastic recipe for the cooler time of year when the nights are drawing in a little earlier and the rain is becoming more frequent. The combination of melted cheese and rich sun dried tomatoes with your baked sweet potato hits the real comfort spot.
- 1 medium sweet potato
- ½ tbsp. olive oil
- 4 sun dried tomatoes, halved
- 35g goats’ cheese, sliced
- 2 big handfuls rocket leaves
- balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan
- Pierce the sweet potato several times with a fork before rubbing the olive oil over the skin. Place on a roasting tray and put in the oven for approximately 45 minutes, or until cooked through
- Place your rocket leaves on your plate and drizzle with balsamic vinegar, so it is ready and waiting for you
- Once the potato is cooked, sliced length ways, being careful not to burn your fingers. Placed 2 sun dried tomatoes on each potato half and top with the sliced goats’ cheese. Put under the grill until the cheese begins to bubble
- Serve onto the plate with your rocket salad before enjoying!