Recipe Of The Week – Tangy Chicken Lettuce Cups
Apr 25, 2017
This recipe makes a greater starter or lunch. For a more substantial meal add some cooked rice to the mince and double the lettuce quantity.
- Delicately wash the lettuce leaves, aiming to keep them whole and intact before gently drying
- Add the garlic, ginger and spring onions to a frying pan over a medium, high heat until the flavours begin to become aromatic
- Add the chicken/turkey mince and cook until fully browned
- Empty the frying pan contents onto a plate and return back to the heat. Add in the chopped water chestnuts, celery and pepper and cook over a medium heat until softened
- Add the soy sauce, oyster sauce and honey to the pan before returning the mincemeat. Simmer until the liquid has reduced before serving immediately onto the lettuce leaves
- Wrap up and enjoy!