Recipe of the week – Thai Peanut Quinoa Salad
This recipe works well for lunch or evening meal. Because of this you can make extra in the evening for lunch the next day – just store the dressing separately and pour over when lunchtime arrives.
- 20ml agave nectar
- 40ml low-sodium soy sauce
- 40g good quality peanut butter
- 10g rice vinegar
- 10ml cup fresh lime juice
- 1 ½ cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 120g dry quinoa
- 230g red cabbage, shredded
- 150g carrots, chopped into fine matchsticks
- 75g bean sprouts
- cucumber, finely diced
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 25g chopped peanuts, unsalted and unroasted
- 50g fresh coriander
- To prepare the dressing, put all of the ingredients in a food processor and whizz until fully combined and of a puree consistency.
- Cook the quinoa according to the directions on the packaging as each brand can vary.
- Once the quinoa is cooked, assemble the salad onto each plate using several layers (hint: it is easier to do one layer at a time rather than one plate at a time!)Firstly layer the cooked quinoa, followed by the shredded cabbage and carrots, top with the beansprouts and cucumber. Sprinkle over with the spring onions and peanuts before topping off with a generous drizzle of the dressing.
More delicious Thai recipes for you to enjoy!