Recipe Of The Week – Veggie and Lentil Bolognaise
A delicious meal that can be cooked in large batches and frozen for future need, or to feed the whole family then and there, and a little goes a long way when it comes to cost!
- Add the garlic, celery, courgette, pepper and mushrooms to a pan with a little olive oil and put over a medium heat. Cook through for 10 minutes until the veg begins to soften
- Add the lentils, vegetable stock, tomato puree, canned tomatoes and oregano and bring to the boil
- Once boiled, turn down to it simmers gently and cook for approximately 15 minutes, or until the lentils have absorbed the majority of the stock
- Whilst this is cooked, roughly chop the cauliflower, or blitz in a food processor
- Add the cauliflower to a heavy based frying pan and put over a low-medium heat. Add a splash of hot water to the cauliflower to avoid it burning. Stir regularly until it is sufficiently softened and heated through
- Transfer the cauliflower onto the plates before topping with the bolognaise