Shrove Tuesday – Sorted
Chickpea Pancake Wraps
This recipe is ideal to be used as lunchtime wraps. Fill your wraps from the choice of salads we have on this site and you will have yourself a delicious midday meal.
- 1 tbs chickpea (gram) flour
- 4-5 tbs water (try sparkling water, it makes a fluffier pancake)
- Oil ( just enough to coat a non-stick fry pan)
- Heat oil coated non-stick frying pan over moderate heat whilst boiling some water in a kettle
- Measure the chick pea flour into a small bowl, add water, salt, pepper and whisk until dissolved (consistency is like double cream).
- Pour mixture into the heated frying pan and tilt pan to spread mixture evenly around
- Cook for about 2 minutes on each side which will make the pancake easy to fold – cook longer on each side if you like a crisper texture
- Remove pancake to a plate and keep warm if desired
- Pancake can be served opened or folded
Basic Banana Pancakes
Healthy banana pancakes make a delicious change to the traditional pancakes cooked with wheatflour. We have also made a couple of delicious suggestions for toppings. Eat and enjoy!
Please note these pancakes are only suitable for weight maintenance.
- 2 eggs
- 1 ripe medium banana
Toppings (use as inspiration)
- Greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Place the banana and eggs in a food processor and whizz until combined
- Heat a frying pan over a low heat. Add a small amount of olive oil and wipe out the excess with kitchen paper.
- Next, pour your batter to form a circle. Flip after the edges begin to cook, cook the second side and serve immediately – they will only take a matter of seconds!
- Top your pancakes with your chosen fruit and/or yoghurt