Recipe of the week – Stewed Trout with Serrano Ham
This recipe is great on the barbeque during the summer months, and is equally as delicious when cooked in the oven and enjoyed by everyone. Simply add a large green salad to this dish, and keep the leftovers for lunch the next day.
Recipe contributed by John Alexander
- 1.5kg trout
- 100g serrano ham
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 deci-litres olive oil
- Take out the spine of the fish and leave it open. Lay the fish out flat in a baking dish with the skin side upwards.
- Saute the garlic and pour it in its oil over the trout and then cover this with the ham.
- Place tin foil over the top and bake in the oven for 30 minutes at 180C.
- When cooked, present the trout open, skin side down, sprinkled with the garlic and oil, and covered with fine strips of ham.
- Serve this with a large green salad and keep the leftovers for lunch the following day.