Our Delicious Christmas Leftovers Stir Fry
This recipe will entice you to do something exciting with your leftover meat and veggies this Christmas. It can be whipped up in a matter of minutes and will be a huge crowd pelaser!
- 4 nests whole wheat noodles
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp & 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, minced or finely chopped
- Chop all leftover veggies, i.e. mushrooms, carrots, peas, mangetout, peppers, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, broccoli etc – add extra if there aren’t enough vegetable leftovers
- 400g leftover turkey, shredded or250g leftover turkey & 140g leftover ham, diced
- 3 tbsp any curry paste
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Sprinkling of sesame seeds, to serve
- 6 spring onions, finely chopped
- Cook the noodles in boiling water.
- Add ½ sesame oil to a large heavy based frying pan or wok, and pour in the beaten eggs to cook your omelette. Let the omelette cook on one side before flipping over to cook through on the other before transferring onto a plate
- Place the pan back onto the heat and add the remaining sesame oil. Add the ginger and garlic and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add in your vegetables and heat through for 1-2 minutes before adding your shredded turkey and ham (if using).
- Add the cooked noodles, curry paste, turmeric and soy sauce and stir to combine for another minute. Roughly shred the omelette and add this to the pan to heat through once more.
- Serve immediately with a sprinkling of sesame seeds and chopped spring onions