Recipe Of The Week – Chicken, Pineapple and Chickpea Curry
A perfect homemade ‘takeaway’. A good-quality paste and a tin of coconut milk make the base for a great curry – and the sweetness of the pineapple contrasts well with the spices. Ideal for a Friday night after a hard week at work. However, also great if you cook double and make enough to take to work for lunch. Everyone will love this dish, it’s all set to be a big hit with the kids as well as the grown ups.
- Heat the oil in a large pan
- Fry the chicken and onion over a medium-high heat for 5 minutes until golden
- Stir in the curry paste, coconut milk, chickpeas and water
- Simmer for 5 minutes until the chicken is cooked through
- Add the pineapple and spinach, and check the seasoning
- Garnish with coriander and serve with a large green salad