Recipe of the week – Garlic and Chilli Prawns with Pak Choi
If you need a deliciously healthy and tasty meal that you can whip up in 30 minutes, then this is a great one to try. The rice will leave you feeling nicely full, and your generous dose of veggies will add some crunch to your dish. This is definitely one to keep on the ‘regularly make’ list!
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- juice 2 limes
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped and deseeded if desired
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 300g large raw prawns, fully prepared
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 200g pak choi, stems separated from the leafy bits and both stems and leaves roughly chopped
- 200g beansprouts
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Brown rice
- Place the garlic, lime juice, chilli and olive oil into a food processor and whizz until it is a puree consistency. Transfer the puree to a bowl before adding the prawns. Fully coat the prawns and leave to marinate for 20 minutes at room temperature.
- Cook brown rice, according to instructions on the packet.
- Once marinated, place a heavy based frying pan over a medium-high heat and fry the prawns for approximately 1 ½ minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
- As the prawns are cooking and the oil for the veg into a deep frying pan or wok and throw in the pak choi (add the stems about a minute before the leafy bits) and beansprouts for approximately 4 minutes, or until softened.
- Once cooked stir through the soy sauce.
- Serve immediately with prawns and brown rice.