Recipe Of The Week – Green Garden Salad
Green garden salad is a simple and easy salad to prepare. If you don’t have all of the ingredients to hand just substitute with another green salad vegetable. Really this salad is designed to be made up of the salad ingredients you already have. Follow the recipe certainly but also get a little adventurous by adding in your favourite veggies.
- 2 tbsp white wine or sherry vinegar
- Large pinch of English mustard powder
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed (optional)
- 3 avocados, halved, stoned and thickly sliced
- 1 small cos lettuce, roughly chopped
- 2 lettuce hearts, torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 small courgettes, pared into long, thin ribbons using a potato peeler
- 100g bag washed watercress, spinach or rocket, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 box mustard cress, snipped
- Step 1
First, make the dressing: put the vinegar, mustard powder, extra virgin olive oil and garlic (if using) into a large bowl and mix together.
- Step 2
Add the avocado slices and toss gently to mix.
- Step 3
Put both the lettuces into a large salad bowl, and add the courgettes, watercress and the mustard cress.
- Step 4
Pour over the dressing, toss gently and serve.