Recipe Of The Week – Quinoa, Chicken and Kale Pesto Bowl
This recipe is indulgent, satisfying, and excellent for your health and wellbeing. The quinoa will keep you full whilst the crunchy veggies and almonds will round it off beautifully. A truly magical experience for your taste buds – trust us!
You may have some leftover kale pesto. Use it how you would use any pesto: on wraps/pittas, vegetables etc.
- 950ml water
- pinch of salt
- 340g white quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 270g raw kale, stems removed
- 2 garlic cloves
- juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 60ml & 1tbsp olive oil
- 2 shredded cooked chicken breasts
- 150g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 100g butter beans
- 35g dried cranberries
- 2tbsp finely minced parsley
- Add the water, pinch of salt and quinoa to a saucepan. Whisk everything together over a medium heat until simmering. Turn the heat down to low and place the saucepan lid on. Simmer the quinoa over a low heat for 15 minutes. Turn the heat off and remove the pan from the hob. Let the quinoa sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the lid, and fluff the quinoa with a fork. Now set it aside to cool
- Add the kale, garlic, lemon juice and red pepper flakes to a food processor. Pulse the ingredients until well combined and pureed. Drizzle in the 60ml olive oil into the puree and process until smooth
- Divide the quinoa between 2 bowls. Top each dish with the chicken, tomatoes and butter beans. Add several tablespoons of the kale pesto to each bowl
- Sprinkle over the dried cranberries and parsley
- Serve immediately