Recipe Of The Week – Slow Cooker Chicken Quesadillas
Toasted tortilla wraps that can be filled with any ingredients to suit taste and availability. These chicken quesadillas are an ideal option for a filling lunch or light evening meal. For the garden salad, simply combine salad ingredients to suit your filling choice.
If you don’t own a slow cooker, there’s a simple change you can make to ensure this dish comes out just as well from the oven:
- Change step 3 to pre-heating your oven to 163 degrees Celsius and cook your covered dish in the oven for approximately 1 hour, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- 4 skinless & boneless chicken breasts
- ½ tsp crushed dried chillies
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 350g cherry tomatoes
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- 250g mozzarella cheese
- freshly ground black pepper
- large garden salad
- Combine the chicken, chillies, garlic, parsley, 1 tbsp olive oil in a bowl. Stir to coat evenly. Leave to marinate in the fridge for a minimum 1 hour, or overnight.
- Put the tomatoes in a slow cooker and arrange the chicken breasts on top, season with freshly ground black pepper. Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker, and shred the meat using 2 forks. Place the chicken on one side of each tortilla, top with the tomatoes, and finally add the mozzarella to the tomatoes.
- Moisten the edges of each of the tortillas and fold over to enclose the filling.
- Brush a large pan with the remaining olive oil and add to a medium heat. Add the quesadillas to the pan and cook until golden, turning once.
- Cut into wedges and serve immediately and top with the remaining juices from the pan and a large green garden salad.