Recipe Of The Week – Smoked Mackerel Citrus Salad
The versatility of this recipe is fantastic. A dinner for two rustled up within minutes, or a lunch that’ll last you for two days created quickly, easily and simply.
Serves 2 as main course, 4 as starter
- 450g smoked mackerel fillets, skinned
- 200g leftover green beans, cooked
- 450g mixed watercress, spinach and rocket
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 dssp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- Zest and juice of ½ orange
- Cut the mackerel fillets into bite-sized pieces and tip into a bowl.
- Add the green beans, salad leaves, red onion and cherry tomatoes.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the oil, coriander and orange zest and juice.
- Pour over the salad, toss together and serve immediately.