Recipe Of The Week – Mexican Eggs
An ideal dish for a late brunch or light lunch, make the tomato salsa as spicy or as mild as you like. Ready in less than 30 minutes!
- 3 kale leaves, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small bird’s eye chilli, finely chopped
- 1 courgette, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 150ml tomato passata
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- small knob of butter
- 8 free range eggs
- freshly ground black pepper
- large handful fresh coriander
- 2 wholegrain tortilla, warmed in the oven
- In a bowl, combine the kale, onion, red and green peppers, chilli, courgette, garlic, passata and freshly ground black pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Heat the oil in a lidded frying pan over a medium heat and add approximately ¼ of the salsa. Once warmed through, make a hole in the middle of the salsa. Place the knob of butter in the hole, and break 2 eggs into this space.
- Pop the lid onto your pan and cook for 3-4 minutes. This dish is cooked when the eggs are cooked into the salsa and the egg whites are firm. Slide the salsa and eggs onto a plate and keep warm in a preheated oven and repeat the process 3 more times.
- Once completed, sprinkle each meal with the torn coriander leaves and warmed through tortillas.