Recipe of the week – Smoked Salmon Avocado Skins
This is a great recipe for a quick dinner or something easily prepped the day before for lunch in the office – just be sure to put into an airtight container to avoid the avocado turning brown and pop the dressing is a small separate jar and add just before eating.
- 2 avocados, halved with stone removed
- 170g smoked salmon
- juice of 1 lemon
- freshly ground black pepper
- 120g spinach, washed
- 1tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 handfuls mixed fresh herbs, leaves picked
- Using a spoon, scoop out the avocado from it’s shell and put into a large bowl
- Add the smoked salmon to the avocado along with half of the lemon juice and a generous pinch of freshly ground black pepper and lightly mash
- Spoon the mixture back into the avocado skins
- For the dressing, combine extra virgin olive oil and remaining lemon juice and stir
- Distribute the spinach between 2 plates, sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and drizzle over dressing before adding 2 stuffed avocado halves to each dish. Finally sprinkle over fresh mixed herbs
- Serve immediately and enjoy!